The Send your Fit Note service puts small files (known as 'cookies') on to your computer.
These cookies are used to:
- understand how you use the service to make improvements
- remember any notifications you've seen so that you're not shown them more than once
- keep your information secure as you move through the service
You must have cookies enabled on your computer to apply for the Send your Fit Note service online.
If your cookies are switched off
You'll see an error message when you try to use the service if your cookies are disabled.
How to turn cookies on depends on the browser you're using and how up to date it is.
Find out how to change your settings for the most popular browsers, including:
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Safari, commonly used on iPads, iPhones and other Apple computers
Find out how to manage cookies for other browsers.
Cookies used by the Send your Fit Note service
Google Analytics collects information about how you use the service. This information is used to improve the service.
Google analytics cookies collect and store information about:
- the pages you visit - what you click on when using the service
- how long you spend on each page
- how you got to the service
Google won't use or share analytics data with anyone, but you can opt out of Google Analytics.
Session and security cookies
Session cookies keep your information secure as you move back and forward through the service.
These cookies are automatically removed from your computer when you complete your application or if you:
- don't do anything for 30 minutes
- close your browser
- switch off your computer
Introductory message cookie
You may see a pop-up 'welcome' message when you first use the service. A cookie makes sure you only see this message once a month.
This cookie is removed from your computer after a month.